We at Maietta Ink are preparing to run a Valentine’s Day cross-promotion for indie authors! This is a fun opportunity to sell some books, grow your email list, and gain some new readers.
Entry Deadline: 6 p.m. EST on January 20th, 2017
Entry Fee: $5 per author
Entry fee covers the contest prize—an assorted flavors Lindt gourmet chocolate truffles gift box—as well as advertising and labor.
The promotion will run February 14-18th; the giveaway closes February 18th at 8 p.m. EST.
We have 25 spots available, so please submit your strongest work! You may submit one title.
- Join the cross-promo email list. This is how we will contact you throughout the promotion. We’ll also notify you of future promotions!
- RSVP to the Facebook event and invite your friends.
- Make sure your book is discounted to $0.99 throughout the duration of the promotion (February 14-18th).
- On the first day of the promotion, send an email notifying your list and link to the landing page.
- On the second day of the promotion, write a blog post and link to the landing page.
- On the third day of the promotion, notify your Facebook fans and link to the landing page.
- On the fourth day of the promotion, notify your Twitter followers and link to the landing page.
- On the fifth day of the promotion, notify your Instagram followers and link to the landing page.
- If your book is on Smashwords, please generate a coupon code for the promotion—that way you can track those sales.
- A landing page with all participating titles’ covers, blurbs, and links to each retailer.
- Landing page view statistics.
- Amazon and iBooks sales tracking through affiliate links.
- Graphics for email list, social media, and blogging.
- Prize and shipping to the winner.
- Boosted Facebook and Instagram posts throughout the promotion.
- Facebook event page.
- Email collection by genre; at the end of the promotion, we will send you a genre-appropriate list of contest entrants’ emails.
- Your book must be $0.99 throughout the duration of the promotion.
- Your book must be Romance; all sub- and cross-genres are accepted, as long as the primary genre is Romance. Erotic and LGBT+ romance welcome!
- Your book must be professionally edited, have an enticing blurb, and have a professional and genre-appropriate cover.
- Books must be full-length novels (or a series box set). Added 12/28 to clarify.
- Upon acceptance, you must remit the $5 entry fee via PayPal, or risk losing your spot. All authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection on or by January 22nd.
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED! Thank you to everyone who submitted. We are reviewing submissions and will be in touch soon.